Ethics – a definition
“values relating to human conduct with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and outcomes of such actions.”
- In order to establish trust and build productive work relationships, Red Top will exercise due diligence and observe high standards of accuracy of information, advice given and timeliness, to both clients and work seekers.
- Red Top will treat all recruitment professionals with respect and aim to work in a fair and open competitive environment.
- Red Top operates with an ethical and professional approach to customer service standards at all times.
Honesty and Transparency
- Red Top will act at all times with integrity, honesty, the highest ethical standards and appropriate behaviour.
- Red Top will not engage in any activities which would bring the recruitment industry or Red Top into disrepute.
Rights for representation
Red Top will ensure they have the rights of sole representation of a candidate to a specific role and/or company; this may include the following:
- Proof that the role, company and location have been accurately discussed with the candidate on all occasions.
- Auditable proof of permission to send a CV on to a member company for a specific role must be provided upon submission of CV.
- If the approach to a member company is speculative, this must be made clear to the candidate on all occasions.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Red Top will observe and respect the confidentiality of their clients and work seekers and ensure this is maintained at all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Red Top complies with all relevant legislation, statutory and non-statutory codes and official guidance. In particular, Red Top will know what steps to take in order to ensure compliance with the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct Regulations 2003 (and subsequent amendments).
- Red Top ensure that all clients and work seekers are treated with dignity and respect, and aims to provide employment opportunities based on objective business and competency related criteria.
- Red Top promotes fair recruitment practices.
- Red Top will not act on an instruction from a client that may be discriminatory and, where possible, Red Top provides guidance to clients in respect of good diversity practice. An exception to this is when there is a requirement from a client whereby the candidate needs to possess or be able to achieve UK security clearance.
Red Top ensures that they are well informed about recruitment practices, and that they continually seek to improve their knowledge, skills and qualification base.